About Hand & Stone
A Massage & Spa Franchise Unlike Any Other
Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa has been redefining the spa industry in North America since 2004 by offering relaxing and rejuvenating massages, facials, and spa services that are affordable and accessible to all. Self-care services like massages and skincare have for far too long been seen as luxury services that only a few can enjoy. Our spa franchise offers a variety of deluxe services that are on average 30% less expensive than what customers would find at traditional day spas.
Hand & Stone began franchising in 2006 and in 2010 in Canada. Our goal was to deliver high quality spa and skincare services to the middle-market, in a professional, convenient, and affordable manner. Today, we have over 500 locations throughout Canada and the United States and we are continuing to grow and reach new communities. As more consumers become aware of the importance of self-care routines, Hand & Stone wants to be there to offer them premium yet affordable options. As we target growth across Canada, we are seeking to partner with entrepreneurs that are passionate about health and wellness and who are looking to positively impact their local communities
The Hand & Stone Timeline
- 2004: Hand & Stone is launched by our founder John Marco.
- 2007: The first Hand & Stone franchise location opens in Arizona.
- 2009: Todd Leff, a franchise veteran, invests in Hand & Stone and becomes CEO.
- 2009: Hand & Stone partners with franchise veteran Gigi Harding to bring H&S to Canada.
- 2012: Hand & Stone opens its 100th location.
- 2017: Hand & Stone opens its 300th location.
- 2019: Hand & Stone launches advanced skin care services, decompression cupping therapy, and in Canada laser hair removal launches.
- 2020: Hand & Stone launches Theragun Percussive Massage Services.
- 2021: Hand & Stone Canada acquires the Massage Experts brand.
- 2021: John Teza takes over as President and CEO for North America.